Originally built in 1913 as a purpose-built cinema, The Castle Electric Theatre ran until 1958. Since then it’s been a bingo hall, a shoe factory and a snooker club. Now, after a successful crowdfunding campaign, it’s been restored to its former glory.
With an art deco bar filled with elegant marble tables and velvet cocktail chairs (capacity 125 standing or 82 seated), and boutique cinema with 6m screen, 82 retro hotel seats and a curved ceiling covered in ornate gold plasterwork, it’s the perfect venue for intimate screening events of every kind.
2019 update: A second screening room, with 27 seats and a 4m screen, has just opened. Ideal for cast & crew and other intimate screenings, contact us on [email protected] for more details.